To start Yoga it is advisable to take a Vinyasa class on Friday 6 p.m. This course is more accessible to beginners. Remember to do your best without judging yourself and keep the calm and focused breath … Everything will come with regular practice.
If you have a little more experience you can join Hatha Yoga classes on Sunday and Monday 6pm.
For people who are very stiff or have difficulty moving or letting go, you can start with Yin Yoga Tuesday 7:10 pm more static and meditative if you prefer.
Always good to know and remember before a Yoga class :
- Punctuality – Please arrive 5 -10 minutes early for class. Ensure you have enough time to place your mat, settle in and pay the class fee before the scheduled start time. Thank you for respecting the silence upon entering the studio.
- Mat – If you do not own a yoga mat, you can rent one at the studio for € 1. If it’s your first class, the yoga mat will be included in the class fee. You can also buy your yoga mat at Sattva Yoga Chamonix, please check the shop page.
- Phones – Please make sure your cell phones are turned off before class.
- Odour – Please refrain from using perfumes and colognes before class as some students can be sensitive to these stronger smells. Clean your mat and yoga clothing regularly without strong detergents. We suggest you to take a shower before the class, in order to be pure for the practice (Saucha: purity).
- Water – It is suggested you don’t drink water during your yoga practice so drink plenty one hour before the class.
- Food – Eat only a light meal at least 2 -3 hours before class.
- Injuries – If you have injuries, are pregnant or have any other issues the teacher should know about, please inform the teacher before class.
- Physical adjustments – Hands-on adjustments will take place during the yoga practice and we assume you have no problems with this. If you would rather not be adjusted physically, for whatever reason, let the teacher know before class. He/ She will respect your choice.
- Have respect for yourself, your classmates, your body and your limitations (Ahimsa: non-violence).
- It is advisable to take led classes courses to start Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, so as to integrate the Mysore Style.
Ashtanga Mysore Class Special
- It is expected that you follow the sequence without adding or subtracting postures.
- Variations can be given in the case that a posture is not possible for the time being.
- When the teacher feels you would be ready to proceed into the second series postures, it will be taught to you individually and gradually. Please refrain from performing the asana of the second series randomly as there are risks to doing this. Be patient and allow the progression through the practice to be gradual.
Feedback from you is valuable and appreciated, please feel free to let us know about your experience here at Sattva Yoga Chamonix.