Sattva Yoga Chamonix’s classes are given in french and/or in english according to the students needs.
Hubert de Tourris (Hamsa)
Sattva Yoga Chamonix founder.
To learn Yoga and Ayurveda Hamsa traveled to India, Europe and America.
At a young age he was interested in Bagwan Shree Rajnesh Dynamic Meditation, and also Zen meditation. He was also practicing Do-in, Japanese postures and self-massage.
His first Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga teacher was Gustav Björkman, whom he met in Chamonix. Then he studied with Mark Darby for more than 12 years, as well as numerous courses with Matthew Sweeney, and Sheshadri (Mysore India). During thoses years he studied Ayurveda and massage.
After deepening his practice of Ashtanga Yoga, he became interested in Yin Yoga and Dharma Mittra Hatha Raja Vinyasa Yoga. Then he was initiated in Kriya Yoga of Babaji by Marshall Govindan who gave him his spiritual name, Hamsa. Since 2015 he follows the teachings of Shailendra Sharma Kriya Yoga guru.
– 500h “Ayurveda Massage” with Kiran Vyas with Tapovan, France
– 500h RYT Vinyasa “Ecole des Ailes du Yoga” with Caroline Boulinguez à Paris, France
– 500h RYT Ashtanga “Sattva Yoga Shala” with Mark and Joanne Darby in Montreal, Canada
– 100h RYT Yin Yoga with Biff Mitheofer, US
– Certified in Ashtanga “PAVY” Mysore with Sheshadri & Harish in Mysore, India
– 500h RYT Hatha “Dharma Yoga Center” with Dharma Mittra in New York City, US
– Babaji’s Kriya Yoga initiation with Marchall Govindan, Canada
– Babaji’s Kriya Yoga initiation with Shailendra Sharma in Govardhan, India
His vision allows him a comprehensive understanding in accordance with the fundamental principles of Yoga and Ayurveda. Simultaneous vision of the one and the many, it is in this unity that the spirit leaves the dichotomy pleasure/pain to enter inner peace. The yoga is the method to achieve the state of Yoga, the ultimate freedom in unity.
It is with passion and enthusiasm that he shares his knowledge and accompanies his students, with a mix of humor and discipline, on the path to Self-realization.
Some Hamsa postures : Yoga Asana