- From 17 to 31 May 2019 and from 16 to 30 May 2020
- 10 registered students
- 4 beds left
Intensive Yoga training course with study, practice and deepening of the Vinyasa Krama system, energetic and facial anatomy, applied philosophy, Ayurveda and teaching.
Shankara has been teaching internships for over 12 years and Hubert has been teaching for so long. Their approach is deep and precise, they both experienced the energetic and subtle dimensions of the practice. Their love of Yoga and its transmission leads you to explore spaces until then unknown.
Aspiring to greatly deepen your understanding of Yoga Practice in modern times and gain the tools and skills to share it with others in a safe and trusting way?
Looking to develop your yoga practice within a traditional framework while taking a journey of self-discovery and personal growth?
This course is for anyone with a genuine interest in learning.
The course will take place in the magnificent Glacier des Glaciers, at the foot of Mont Blanc, the shala has a superb view of the mountain and accommodation is on site in the cottage*, in double, triple or quadruple. A kitchen is available with three bathrooms. At your disposal sheets and towels.
We will explore the Ashtanga and Vinyasa Krama methodology
-Breathing, Bandha/Posture, Gaze and Vinyasa Krama. Understanding the importance of these principles, their role in the good development of the physical practice, and also how they bring steady development and harmony of all aspects of being.
-Exploring the sequencing of the Mysore Ashtanga Tradition along with other posture sequences from traditional sources, to carry these roots into your practice and teaching.
-Preventing and dealing with injury, both in ourselves and in others through good understanding of yoga asana and body mechanics. This will involve a study of the basics of fascial meridians and their role in bio-mechanics.
-We will develop an eye for reading into another’s posture and alignment within the practice. -An in depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and other pertinent texts.
-Developing sensitivity through touch and learning the art of making adjustments with healing hands. -Communication and the art of teaching. Learning to transmit basic knowledge of the practice within the context of a guided class.
-Meditation and awareness through movement.
-Basics of nutrition, Initiation to Ayurveda and healthy living.
-The teacher student relationship, and the ethical implications for the teacher.
-And much more…
Training in Chamonix Mont Blanc:
Complete training 2400 euros 2 x 2 weeks is 200H contact. 1200/year
One month’s accommodation 850 euros* 1 x 15 nights + 1 x 14 nights. 425/year
One meal a day for 26 days 450 euros 2 x 13 meals. 225/year
Total fee for the first year is 1200+425+225= 1850 euros including accommodation and 1 meal per day.
The reservation fee is 520 euros.
Number of places limited to 14 people for accommodation and 18 people for the training course.
* ATTENTION: The first 14 who have booked will have a bed on site … From 15 people, you will have to stay elsewhere during the course.
General conditions of sales and cancellations
The total payment of the benefit will be cashed one month before the beginning of the internship at the latest.
In case of cancellation of registration for the course, it will be admissible only by phone confirmed by an e-mail.
– If cancellation after receipt of a deposit or payments, no refund will be made.
– If cancellation after total receipt of the registration, the refund will be as below on the total sum paid.
If the cancellation occurs:
More than 60 days before the start of the service, 80% refund
From the 31st to the 60th day before the start of the service, 50% refund
From 0 to 30 days before the beginning of the service, no refund will be granted.
VINYASA YOGA STUDIES 200H RYT
Hatha / Vinyasa / Ashtanga / Restorative
115H of technique, practical training
- Technical analysis, how to practice and teach
- The 5 types of postures (standing poses, flexions, extensions, twists, inversions)
- Guided and demonstrated practices and techniques
- Study, practice and teaching of pranayama and meditation20H of anatomy, physiology
- Study of the physical and energetic human body (Chakras, Nadis …)
- Study of the benefits and contraindications of postures and movements
- Application to a yoga practice conscious physically and energetically
- The therapeutic and restorative aspect
- History of Yoga and its philosophy
- Study of texts (Sutras, Gita, Pradipika …)
- Lifestyle, practice of Ahimsa, awareness of Karma and Dharma
- Yoga Teacher’s Ethics, Relationships to Student and Community
- The concept of service, as a teacher to serve the student
25H of pedagogy
- Group dynamics, time management and priorities and goals
- How to address personalized advice within a group
- The use of different tools, the voice, the look, the adjustment …
- Principles of demonstration, observation, how to assist and correct
- Different teaching styles (basic principles and their extensions)
- The qualities of the teacher, the teacher to student relationship
- The student’s learning process, physical and psychological
- The financial aspect, the marketing and the laws concerning the teaching of Yoga.10 hours of teaching
- Teach yourself
- Give and receive advice and feedback
- Observe other teachers during their classes
- Assist students as a teacher teaches
ASTRID DE VALON
What are the prerequisites?
A minimum of two years of intensive practice is required for each student.
Each request will be studied.
Is on-site housing mandatory?
No it is not mandatory, this is recommended for reasons of group cohesion but everyone is free to sleep where he wishes. Be aware that accommodation conditions are very affordable for Chamonix. In addition there are only 14 beds available on site, so it is possible that some of you will have to rent rooms elsewhere.
Is lunch obligatory?
Yes it is mandatory so that no one loses time during the lunch break and everyone can take a break. the meal is studied to purify ourselves and optimize our physical abilities and concentration. These are exclusively vegetarian meals. You have the opportunity to eat what you want in the morning after practice and in the evening time.
Is it possible to cook on site?
Yes you have a common kitchen for all the cottage, as well as three bathrooms and two toilets.
What should you bring?
Bring your mat, rugs, brick, strap, Yoga towel and a meditation shawl. The Yoga sutra of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, an anatomy book. Warm winter clothes for the winter session and lighter clothes for the spring session, with warm clothes to cover. Also take good walking shoes and a good sense of humor.
You do not need to take sheets or towels if you stay at the Glacier des Glaciers.